Matthäus hits back hard at Neuer comments over Bayern Munich
According to Lothar Matthäus, the German goalkeeper was very aware of the points made by his agent about the conflict in ambition.
Lothar Matthäus, the former Bayern Munich and German national team captain, has hit back strongly at Manuel Neuer after what the goalkeeper's agent said about the desire from the club to succeed not matching that of his client.
Matthäus not happy with Neuer
"His behaviour is totally unacceptable," said Matthäus told national paper Bild. "As the captain of Bayern he should speak to the club if he has a problem with the situation over signings.
"The doors of the management are always open," the German legend concluded.
This response came after the player's agent, Thomas Kroth, made comments to Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
"He [Neuer] is driven by success," he stated. "My impression is that the gap between the top four English clubs is already serious, and Bayern, for the moment, is not sufficiently competitive to achieve Manuel's objectives."
Clearly Matthäus is convinced that Neuer was across these publicly made assertions.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract