Gabriel Jesus sent off in Copa América final against Peru
The Manchester City forward was sent off for a second yellow in the 70th minute of the Copa América final.
Gabriel Jesus was sent off in the 70th minute of the Copa América final against Peru at the Maracaná when he picked up a second yellow card for elbowing Zambrano. His first was for a dangerous challenge on Yotun on the edge of the Peruvian area just after 30 minutes.
Jesús sees red
Jesus was given his marching orders with Brazil leading 2-1, with the Manchester City player having got Brazil's second just before half-time. Everton had opened the scoring after 15 minutes, before Peru's Guerrero levelled the match from the penalty spot.
Gabriel Jesus furiously protested the decision to send off him, but referee Roberto Tobar refused to entertain his pleas for leniency, leaving Brazil playing the final 20 minutes with 10 men. As the Manchester City left the pitch he struck several objects - including the VAR booth - and was then seen crying in the tunnel.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid