Gabriel Jesus sent off in Copa América final against Peru
The Manchester City forward was sent off for a second yellow in the 70th minute of the Copa América final.
Gabriel Jesus was sent off in the 70th minute of the Copa América final against Peru at the Maracaná when he picked up a second yellow card for elbowing Zambrano. His first was for a dangerous challenge on Yotun on the edge of the Peruvian area just after 30 minutes.
Jesús sees red
Jesus was given his marching orders with Brazil leading 2-1, with the Manchester City player having got Brazil's second just before half-time. Everton had opened the scoring after 15 minutes, before Peru's Guerrero levelled the match from the penalty spot.
Gabriel Jesus furiously protested the decision to send off him, but referee Roberto Tobar refused to entertain his pleas for leniency, leaving Brazil playing the final 20 minutes with 10 men. As the Manchester City left the pitch he struck several objects - including the VAR booth - and was then seen crying in the tunnel.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions