Gabriel Jesus sent off in Copa América final against Peru
The Manchester City forward was sent off for a second yellow in the 70th minute of the Copa América final.
Gabriel Jesus was sent off in the 70th minute of the Copa América final against Peru at the Maracaná when he picked up a second yellow card for elbowing Zambrano. His first was for a dangerous challenge on Yotun on the edge of the Peruvian area just after 30 minutes.
Jesús sees red
Jesus was given his marching orders with Brazil leading 2-1, with the Manchester City player having got Brazil's second just before half-time. Everton had opened the scoring after 15 minutes, before Peru's Guerrero levelled the match from the penalty spot.
Gabriel Jesus furiously protested the decision to send off him, but referee Roberto Tobar refused to entertain his pleas for leniency, leaving Brazil playing the final 20 minutes with 10 men. As the Manchester City left the pitch he struck several objects - including the VAR booth - and was then seen crying in the tunnel.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?