De Ligt and Juventus deal, but Ajax push for high transfer fee
The agent of Mattihjs de Ligt, Mino Raiola, confirmed to De Telegraaf that there was an agreement in place with the Serie A champions.
The agent of Mattihjs de Ligt, Mino Raiola, has stated that his client has an agreement in place to join Juventus. Now it requires Ajax and the Italian giants to work out a transfer fee that is acceptable for both parties.
De Ligt makes deal with Old Lady
Matthijs de Ligt has agreed a contract at Juventus and Ajax must now negotiate with the Serie A champions, according to the defender's agent, Mino Raiola.
Netherlands international De Ligt has been at the centre of intense transfer speculation, his performances for club and country over the past year seeing him linked to clubs including Juve, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Manchester United.
It has been reported over the past week that the 19-year-old has accepted a five-year deal offered by Juve, worth in the region of nine million euros.
Raiola told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that De Ligt has agreed to the contract and urged Ajax to make a decision over the player's future.
Juve are said to have opened with a bid of 50 million euros, which was rejected.
"Agreements have been made with Matthijs and it is up to Ajax how to deal with this," Raiola told De Telegraaf.
Raiola also stressed it was "out of the question" that De Ligt would attempt to force a move to Turin by refusing to return for the start of Ajax's pre-season training. The youngster had an impressive last season in the Netherlands, playing 55 games for Ten Haag's side which won the domestic double and impressed the world by reaching the Champions League semi-final.
He is due to report for the Eredivisie champions on Monday, although rumours in Italy suggest Juve hope to fly him out for a medical as early as Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS Coronavirus US: is it possible to travel without restrictions after the vaccine?
- TAX DAY 2021 What time is the deadline on 17 May for tax filing 2021?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in California