Bayern Munich transfer business depends on Man City's Sané
Manchester City's German winger is the top target at the Allianz Arena, however, if he chooses to remain in the Premier League, they'll turn to Barcelona.
Like many teams around Europe, Bayern Munich returned to business on Monday morning to get their preparations started for the season that lies ahead. For day one, Niko Kovac has no more than 17 professionals with him, but the club is keen to bring in more names as soon as possible, with four key players seen as necessary to give enough guarantees of success.
Sané decision to drive Bayern business
The big target for the Bundesliga champions is someone who they have been chasing for some time, Leroy Sané. The Manchester City winger is the main desire of the club and, according to Kicker, will make a decision on his future by the end of this week. If the 23-year old chooses to remain in the Premier League, then the Germans will focus their attention on another young winger, Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé.
Manuel Neuer's agent was recently quoted as saying that Bayern were not showing the appropriate level of ambition to match that of his client - something that was met with strong words from Lothar Matthäus - but there is an understanding that a move for either player is likely to involve a transfer fee of near 100 million euros.
With Timo Werner already deciding to stay with RB Leipzig rather than move to the Allianz Arena - although that could just be until his contract expires in 2020 and he can join for free - Bayern search for suitable strength to replace the likes of James, Robben and Ribéry has not proven fruitful to date. Youngsters like Roma's Cengiz Ünder and Monaco's Benjamin Henrichs have also caught their interest and time will tell where the Bavarians will strike in this summer's transfer market.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"