De Ligt trains with Ajax despite Juventus agreement
The defender's agent, Mino Raiola, says he has agreed a move to Juventus but Matthijs de Ligt trained with Ajax team-mates on Monday.
Matthijs de Ligt trained with Ajax on Monday despite his agent revealing the defender has come to an agreement with Juventus.
The Serie A champions are frontrunners to sign Ajax captain De Ligt, who has been linked with clubs including Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.
Raiola confirms De Ligt's personal deal done
De Ligt's agent Mino Raiola confirmed on Sunday the Netherlands international has agreed personal terms with Juve.
But he was present for the start of pre-season training, with Ajax and Juve still negotiating over the transfer fee.
De Ligt is one of the world's most in-demand players having thrived in Ajax's run to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
His club and country team-mate Frenkie de Jong has joined Barcelona and they were also linked with signing De Ligt.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?