Real Madrid: No Isco as LaLiga club fly out for pre-season tour
The Real Madrid midfielder is to remain in Spain for now as his partner, Sara Sálamo, is due to give birth to the couple's second child.
Isco won't be on the plane with the rest of his team-mates when Real Madrid fly out to Canada on Tuesday afternoon.
The midfielder is to stay behind in Spain for now as his partner, Sara Sálamo, is about to give birth to the couple's second child. Once the baby has arrived, the 27-year-old will join up with Los Blancos' pre-season preparations in North America.
Did report to Valdebebas for first day back on Monday
Despite not being a part of Madrid's initial travelling group, Isco was at the LaLiga giants' Valdebebas training ground on Monday as Zinedine Zidane's players began pre-season by undergoing medical examinations.
He is among the few squad members who won't be on the club's summer tour of Canada and the United States from day one, along with Copa América participants Federico Valverde, Éder Militao and Casemiro, and Jesús Vallejo and Dani Ceballos, who featured for Spain at the European Under-21 Championship.
Madrid in Canada until 18 July, then go to US for ICC games
Madrid set off for Montreal at 14:30, and will remain in the Canadian city until Thursday 18 July, when they will travel to the US to play three International Champions Cup fixtures, against Bayern Munich (21 July, Houston), Arsenal (24 July, Landover) and Atlético Madrid (27 July, New Jersey).
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?