Official: Alberto Moreno pens 5-year deal with Villarreal
The Spanish left-back left Liverpool on a free transfer after five years at Anfield. He was presented at 12:30 hours CEST after passing a medical revision.
Villarreal presented left-back Alberto Moreno who joins on a five-year deal from Liverpool. The 27-year-old defender joins on a free transfer, after his contract with Liverpool expired at the end of last month.
Moreno, who passed a medical revision at Villarreal's training ground this morning was later officially presented in the press room at the Ciudad Deportiva.
Villarreal's new-look defence
Alberto Moreno will compete with Juame Costa for occupy the left-back position while Xavi Quintillà is expected to return to the B team. As one defender arrives, another one leaves - Daniele Bonera decided to hang up his boots and leaves the club today after almost 20 years in the game. Moreno is the fourth new addition to Marcelino's squad this summer, following the arrivals of Raúl Albiol, Rubén Peña and the return of Pau Torres who spent last season out on loan at Málaga..
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest