Official: Alberto Moreno pens 5-year deal with Villarreal
The Spanish left-back left Liverpool on a free transfer after five years at Anfield. He was presented at 12:30 hours CEST after passing a medical revision.
Villarreal presented left-back Alberto Moreno who joins on a five-year deal from Liverpool. The 27-year-old defender joins on a free transfer, after his contract with Liverpool expired at the end of last month.
Moreno, who passed a medical revision at Villarreal's training ground this morning was later officially presented in the press room at the Ciudad Deportiva.
Villarreal's new-look defence
Alberto Moreno will compete with Juame Costa for occupy the left-back position while Xavi Quintillà is expected to return to the B team. As one defender arrives, another one leaves - Daniele Bonera decided to hang up his boots and leaves the club today after almost 20 years in the game. Moreno is the fourth new addition to Marcelino's squad this summer, following the arrivals of Raúl Albiol, Rubén Peña and the return of Pau Torres who spent last season out on loan at Málaga..
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?