Atlético squad number changes: Morata handed No.9 shirt
Giménez swaps the No.24 for Diego Godín's old No.2. Vitolo has taken the No.20 shirt and Kalinic leaves the No.9 shirt for Álvaro Morata to wear No.21.
Giménez will wear the number 2 shirt at Atlético de Madrid next season. The Uruguayan gives up his old number 24 to take on the squad number worn by his compatriot Diego Godín who left the club this summer to join Inter Milan.
It's not the only change to be confirmed to the first team squad numbers - Vitolo will start the 2019-20 season wearing the No.20 shirt which which Juanfran left free last month. In doing so he will leave the No.23 shirt vacant - the number with which he made his Atleti debut in the Copa del Rey Last 16 tie against Lleida in January 2018.
Nikola Kalinić meanwhile, has given up the centre-forward's number 9 shirt to Álvaro Morata. Morata spent the last six months with the number 22 shirt which is now free while Kalinić has been handed the number 21.
Atlético squad numbers for 2019/20
7. Joao Félix
14. Marcos Llorente
16. Héctor Herrera
19. Diego Costa
*Griezmann y Nehuén Pérez, todavía rojiblancos, no tienen dorsal asignado
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Lucas, Ceballos futures hang in the balance ahead of Arsenal game
- Bundesliga Chelsea send Ethan Ampadu on loan to RB Leipzig
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Pogba arrival dependent on Bale exit
- JUVENTUS Furious Ronaldo has run-in with Sarri after being substituted
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United set to splash out €160m on Maguire and Fernandes
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid should loan Welshman out, says Calderón