Atlético squad number changes: Morata handed No.9 shirt
Giménez swaps the No.24 for Diego Godín's old No.2. Vitolo has taken the No.20 shirt and Kalinic leaves the No.9 shirt for Álvaro Morata to wear No.21.
Giménez will wear the number 2 shirt at Atlético de Madrid next season. The Uruguayan gives up his old number 24 to take on the squad number worn by his compatriot Diego Godín who left the club this summer to join Inter Milan.
It's not the only change to be confirmed to the first team squad numbers - Vitolo will start the 2019-20 season wearing the No.20 shirt which which Juanfran left free last month. In doing so he will leave the No.23 shirt vacant - the number with which he made his Atleti debut in the Copa del Rey Last 16 tie against Lleida in January 2018.
Nikola Kalinić meanwhile, has given up the centre-forward's number 9 shirt to Álvaro Morata. Morata spent the last six months with the number 22 shirt which is now free while Kalinić has been handed the number 21.
Atlético squad numbers for 2019/20
7. Joao Félix
14. Marcos Llorente
16. Héctor Herrera
19. Diego Costa
*Griezmann y Nehuén Pérez, todavía rojiblancos, no tienen dorsal asignado
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest