Leonardo: "I cannot promise that Mbappé will renew with PSG"
PSG's Sports Director spoke to 'Le Parisien' about Kylian Mbappé's future: "I don't want to throw promises up into the air without being sure that they can be kept".
Leonardo continues to supply Le Parisien with tasty soundbites. PSG's Director of Sport stated that Neymar could well leave the club if the right offer comes in: "Neymar can leave PSG, if there is an offer that suits everyone; but to date, we do not know if anyone wants to buy him or at what price. All this is not done in a day, that's for sure", he told the French daily yesterday.
Mbappé's positive attitude
In the second part of his interview, Leonardo spoke about Kylian Mbappé. He underlined the player's importance to the Ligue 1 club: "There's no doubt he's a priority for us or not. Mbappé is here and he is very important to the club, there's no question about it. When training resumed on Monday, he arrived with a great attitude - a big smile on his face. As always. He's very charismatic, the fans love him. It's important to have a player like him in the team - one who's young and always happy and smiling".
The great unknown
However, he said he could provide no guarantees that Mbappé will renew his contract with PSG: "I never make promises. For two reasons - firstly because I am not the person who is responsible for everything that happens at this club and secondly, I don't want to throw promises up into the air without being sure that they can be kept. I'm only interested in reality, and what we know for sure today".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"