Leagues Cup: competition guidelines confirmed
The tournament that will pit the MLS against the Liga MX is just around the corner with it starting on 23/24 July at the quarter-final stage.
It has already been announced where the games will take place and at what time the matches will start, and now, they have revealed the rules for the upcoming tournament.
Rules for Leagues Cup
- Confirmation of the use of video assistant referee technology (VAR), following the protocol established by FIFA and IFAB.
- For the first time ball stands will be used in professional soccer in the Western Hemisphere with two located behind each goal to help increase the speed of play.
- The clubs of each league will present a payroll, following the regulations of their respective leagues concerning the eligibility of the players.
- The MLS and Liga MX will provide match commissioners who will be appointed for individual matches.
- CONCACAF will appoint the referees with assignments announced before each game.
- Games will go straight to penalty kicks if they're tied at the end of regulation time.
LA Galaxy, Chicago Fire, Houston Dynamo and Real Salt Lake are the first MLS representatives at the Leagues Cup, while Club America, Cruz Azul, Tigres UANL and Club Tijuana are representing the Liga MX.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' presence set to shake up El Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cavani poised for Man Utd debut against Chelsea
- MALLORCA Tug of war between Spanish and Argentine FA over Luka Romero
- Ligue 1 Tuchel not concerned by doubts over Parc des Princes future
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Bundesliga live
- Manchester United - Chelsea Solskjaer calls for Chelsea consistency to back up PSG win