Liverpool fan who pushed man into Barcelona fountain served three-year stadium ban
Anthony Mullen was filmed pushing a street seller into a fountain on Plaça Reial in Barcelona ahead of last season's Champions League semi-final first leg.
A Liverpool fan who was arrested after pushing a street seller into a fountain before the team's Champions League semi-final first leg has been handed a three-year stadium ban. Anthony Mullen was filmed tipping a man head over heels into Font de las Tres Graciàs on Plaça Reial on 30 April, the eve of their semi-final clash with Barça at Camp Nou. He was later identified, prompting an investigation by Merseyside Police.
According to the Liverpool Echo, Mullen was not charged with committing a criminal offence but police sought to issue a banning notice through the civil courts. Mullen appeared at South Sefton Magistrates’ Court in Bootle this morning where he admitted being involved in two separate incidents - the first, pushing an innocent bystander into a fountain in Barcelona and another, in which he assaulted a traffic and safety steward at Anfield ahead of the final league game of last season.
The football banning order which Mullen has been served states that he cannot enter any football stadium in the United Kingdom when a football match is being played for the next three years. He will also serve a protective order which means he is not allowed within a one-mile radius of Anfield stadium four hours before kick-off and one hour after full-time. He is also not allowed to travel to any town on a matchday when Liverpool are playing an away game.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move