Ramos: "Euro 2020 is a personal goal for the season"
The Real Madrid captain spoke to UEFA.com and said that playing at Wembley, where he has never set foot, is one of his main aims for 2019-20.
Real Madrid and Spain captain Sergio Ramos said that winning Euro 2020 is “one of my big personal goals” for the season and promised that at club level Real Madrid will “fight for trophies on all fronts” after a forgettable 2018-19 campaign.
Ramos dreaming of Wembley
“It will be amazing to play at San Mamés [a Euro 2020 host stadium]; Anyone who has played there or who has watched football there knows that it is a very special stadium, in a city that loves its football. And to get to Wembley would be incredible too. Wembley is a legendary stadium, a ground where I haven't played enough. It [getting there] would put the seal on a potentially brilliant season,” Ramos told UEFA.com.
The 2020 Euros will be the first to be played under the new format, with 12 cities across the continent hosting group games with the semi-finals and final to be played at Wembley.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?