Sevilla sign former Manchester City midfielder from Galatasaray
Sevilla sign the 31-year-old as they continue to invest under Julen Lopetegui and will pay the Turkish side €4 million for the midfielder.
Sevilla have reached an agreement with Galatasaray over the transfer of Brazilian midfielder, Fernando Reges. According to BeIN Sports in Turkey, the former Manchester City midfielder will cost €4 million.
Fernando signed with the Turkish outfit two years ago from Manchester City and has one year left on that deal with Galatasaray.
Nicknamed 'El Pulpo', or the Octopus, for his ability to win the ball back in midfield, the rangy Brazilian will fill a role previously occupied by Steven N'Zonzi. He left for Roma last summer but new manager, Julen Lopetegui, feels the need for a similar style player to dictate matters at the base of midfield.
The deal will be Sevilla's eighth of the transfer window with 50 days left to run in the current market. Koundé and Diego Carlos have already signed to strengthen the centre of defence with Reguilon signing from Real Madrid. Joan Jordán arrived from Eibar along with the winger Lucas Ocampos and striker Dabbur and De Jong.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest