Sevilla sign former Manchester City midfielder from Galatasaray
Sevilla sign the 31-year-old as they continue to invest under Julen Lopetegui and will pay the Turkish side €4 million for the midfielder.
Sevilla have reached an agreement with Galatasaray over the transfer of Brazilian midfielder, Fernando Reges. According to BeIN Sports in Turkey, the former Manchester City midfielder will cost €4 million.
Fernando signed with the Turkish outfit two years ago from Manchester City and has one year left on that deal with Galatasaray.
Nicknamed 'El Pulpo', or the Octopus, for his ability to win the ball back in midfield, the rangy Brazilian will fill a role previously occupied by Steven N'Zonzi. He left for Roma last summer but new manager, Julen Lopetegui, feels the need for a similar style player to dictate matters at the base of midfield.
The deal will be Sevilla's eighth of the transfer window with 50 days left to run in the current market. Koundé and Diego Carlos have already signed to strengthen the centre of defence with Reguilon signing from Real Madrid. Joan Jordán arrived from Eibar along with the winger Lucas Ocampos and striker Dabbur and De Jong.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension