Militão's Bernabéu fainting episode explained
AS has been able to find out what was behind Eder Militão's bout of dizziness that forced him to cut early his first press conference as a Real Madrid player.
After the former Porto full-back was presented on the pitch in front of the Bernabéu crowd in the baking Madrid heat, he headed to the press box – as is protocol – to answer reporters’ questions. But his first press conference as a Madrid player was brought to an abrupt end, as the player, looking visibly faint, took a sip of water, complained about the heat and walked off.
And aside from the heat, AS has been able to find out that the cause of the Brazilian defender’s discomfort was also down to a long trip, a lack of food and a bout of nerves over his official presentation.
Militao’s presentation day at Real Madrid
After winning the Copa América with Brazil on Sunday, the player flew from Brazil to Madrid this Wednesday, arriving in the Spanish capital at around 6am on Wednesday morning. Not long after landing, the player was immediately into the regular procedures on presentation day – undergoing a medical and signing a contract before he was unveiled to the fans under the hot Madrid sun.
And the lack of food, nerves, heat and fatigue after a long trip following no-doubt intense Copa América celebrations, took an immediate toll on the player as he spoke to reporters in the Bernabéu press room.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Bruno Fernandes offered to Real Madrid
- BARCELONA Messi returns to full training with Barcelona ahead of Betis clash
- LALIGA No Clásicos for UK viewers as LaLiga broadcasts pulled
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane starting to change his opinion about James
- REAL MADRID Gareth Bale to captain Wales in next month's Euro 2020 qualifiers
- RIVALDO "It would be great for Ronaldo to have Neymar by his side" - Rivaldo