Real Madrid: James wants Napoli but Liga side "asking too much"
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis said Real Madrid are playing hardball over a move for the Colombian, despite being surplus to Zidane's requirements.
James Rodríguez’s proposed move to Napoli has stalled because of Real Madrid’s demands for the Colombia midfielder, despite the 27-year-old not being part of Zinedine Zidane’s plans for the 2019-20 season.
Speaking to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis said that Madrid’s stance was preventing the move from going through: “After Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, James is the most marketable player in the world. He wants to come to Napoli but Real Madrid are asking for too much.”
Napoli are hoping to arrange a one-year loan deal with a purchase option for next summer, but Real are intent on selling James for somewhere in the region of the 42 million euros that Bayern Munich decided not to pay for the midfielder when his two-year loan at the Allianz Arena came to an end.
Napoli also keen on Valencia’s Rodrigo
De Laurentiis also confirmed that Napoli are keen on buying Spain and Valencia striker Rodrigo, but said that he was not confident of getting a deal for the 28-year-old over the line: “We are huge admirers of Rodrigo but he does not want to leave Spain.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?