Neymar: Rivaldo gives thumbs up to Barcelona reunion
Neymar has been strongly linked with a return to Barcelona from Paris Saint-Germain, and fellow Brazilian Rivaldo wants the move to happen.
Neymar's prospective return to Barcelona from Paris Saint-Germain has been given the seal of approval by Brazil and Blaugrana great Rivaldo.
Rivaldo says 'yes' to Neymar return
A PSG exit for the 27-year-old forward looks increasingly likely this close season, two years after his world-record €222million move to the Ligue 1 champions from Barca.
The Brazil international failed to turn up to the first day of pre-season training, while PSG sporting director Leonardo has confirmed Neymar is available for the right price.
And Rivaldo, who spent five seasons at Camp Nou, wants to see his compatriot back at Barca.
"For the moment, the one [Brazilian] that I like the most is Neymar," he said, courtesy of Betfair.
"I [would] like that he returns to Barcelona."
Even without Neymar due to an ankle injury, Brazil managed to win the Copa America on home soil on Sunday thanks to a 3-1 win over Peru.
Asked for the nation's next star, 2002 World Cup winner Rivaldo praised Real Madrid attacker Vinicius Junior.
"We have Vinicius, who is a great player that went to Madrid and has everything that is needed to be a great player," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Lucas, Ceballos futures hang in the balance ahead of Arsenal game
- Bundesliga Chelsea send Ethan Ampadu on loan to RB Leipzig
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Pogba arrival dependent on Bale exit
- JUVENTUS Furious Ronaldo has run-in with Sarri after being substituted
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United set to splash out €160m on Maguire and Fernandes
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid should loan Welshman out, says Calderón