Neymar: Rivaldo gives thumbs up to Barcelona reunion
Neymar has been strongly linked with a return to Barcelona from Paris Saint-Germain, and fellow Brazilian Rivaldo wants the move to happen.
Neymar's prospective return to Barcelona from Paris Saint-Germain has been given the seal of approval by Brazil and Blaugrana great Rivaldo.
Rivaldo says 'yes' to Neymar return
A PSG exit for the 27-year-old forward looks increasingly likely this close season, two years after his world-record €222million move to the Ligue 1 champions from Barca.
The Brazil international failed to turn up to the first day of pre-season training, while PSG sporting director Leonardo has confirmed Neymar is available for the right price.
And Rivaldo, who spent five seasons at Camp Nou, wants to see his compatriot back at Barca.
"For the moment, the one [Brazilian] that I like the most is Neymar," he said, courtesy of Betfair.
"I [would] like that he returns to Barcelona."
Even without Neymar due to an ankle injury, Brazil managed to win the Copa America on home soil on Sunday thanks to a 3-1 win over Peru.
Asked for the nation's next star, 2002 World Cup winner Rivaldo praised Real Madrid attacker Vinicius Junior.
"We have Vinicius, who is a great player that went to Madrid and has everything that is needed to be a great player," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane