Dembélé: Matthäus against Bayern signing Barcelona winger
Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich president, has already been critical of Dembélé's actions, and so would lose credibility if signing him, says club legend.
Former German international Lothar Matthäus believes that the president of Bayern Munich, Uli Hoeness, would lose credibility if the club signed Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé.
Dembélé unlikely to change
The Bayern legend spoke with German newspaper Bild: "When I think about the scandals that Dembelé caused at Borussia Dortmund and at Barcelona, I see no reason to believe that he would behave differently at Bayern."
Matthäus also remarked that Hoeness was one of the strongly critical voices when Dembélé went on strike when at Dortmund to force through his transfer to Barcelona.
"Uli Hoeness had a clear position against Dembélé's strike at Dortmund. If Bayern sign him, they would have a problem of credibility," he warned.
Among the other potential signings that many believe are crucial if Bayern are to remain a contender for Champions League glory, Matthäus is clearly in favour of Manchester City's Leroy Sané. The German winger already knows many of the club's players, those that are compatriots of his, and would be able to adapt quickly to the club, possibly with more stability that Dembélé.
"With the Frenchman you don't know if he'll want to change league again after a year," he said.
Bayern are targeting four signings with at least one of them a winger following the departures of Robben and Ribéry.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP