Saponjic: Atlético sign striker as recruitment drive continues
Striker Ivan Saponjic has arrived from Benfica on a three-year deal to become Atlético Madrid's latest signing during a busy close season.
Atlético Madrid have signed Serbia Under-21 striker Ivan Saponjic from Benfica on a three-year contract.
Neither club disclosed the fee paid for the 21-year-old but the deal is reported to be worth in the region of eight million euros.
Follows Joao Félix from Benfica to Atlético
A physically imposing forward, Saponjic will provide an extra attacking option for coach Diego Simeone alongside Diego Costa, Álvaro Morata and record signing Joao Félix, who also arrived from Benfica for 126m euros.
But while the Portugal international starred in the club's Primeira Liga triumph in the 2018-19 season, Saponjic played for Benfica B after joining from Partizan Belgrade in January 2016 and spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan with Belgian club Zulte Waregem.
Latest of a host of Atlético summer signings
He joins fellow new faces Marcos Llorente, Héctor Herrera, Felipe, Lodi and Joao Felix at Atlético, with star forward Antoine Griezmann widely expected to complete a 120m-euro switch to Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest