Saponjic: Atlético sign striker as recruitment drive continues
Striker Ivan Saponjic has arrived from Benfica on a three-year deal to become Atlético Madrid's latest signing during a busy close season.
Atlético Madrid have signed Serbia Under-21 striker Ivan Saponjic from Benfica on a three-year contract.
Neither club disclosed the fee paid for the 21-year-old but the deal is reported to be worth in the region of eight million euros.
Follows Joao Félix from Benfica to Atlético
A physically imposing forward, Saponjic will provide an extra attacking option for coach Diego Simeone alongside Diego Costa, Álvaro Morata and record signing Joao Félix, who also arrived from Benfica for 126m euros.
But while the Portugal international starred in the club's Primeira Liga triumph in the 2018-19 season, Saponjic played for Benfica B after joining from Partizan Belgrade in January 2016 and spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan with Belgian club Zulte Waregem.
Latest of a host of Atlético summer signings
He joins fellow new faces Marcos Llorente, Héctor Herrera, Felipe, Lodi and Joao Felix at Atlético, with star forward Antoine Griezmann widely expected to complete a 120m-euro switch to Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win