Real Madrid: Luca Zidane relishing Santander loan move
His father is in charge at Real Madrid but Luca Zidane is looking forward to a spell away from the Spanish giants.
Luca Zidane expects time away from Real Madrid to aid his development as he embarks upon a season-long loan at Racing Santander.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper made the move on Tuesday after losing sight of a first-team spot under father and head coach Zinedine.
Thibaut Courtois and Keylor Navas are set to battle for a starting berth at the Santiago Bernabéu, while the highly rated Andriy Lunin has returned from a loan spell at Leganes.
Leaving Real Madrid and Spanish capital will do me good, says Zidane
Racing will compete in Spain's second tier after winning promotion last season and Zidane thinks venturing outside the capital could kick-start his career.
"I want to grow as a footballer at a historic club," Zidane told reporters. "I couldn't be happier or more excited about this new chapter I'm starting.
"It's going to be good for me to leave Real Madrid [the club] and Madrid [the city], to get to know a new team and a new place.
"Every day I will seek to improve, to grow, to take steps forward and I think Racing is the best possible place to do that."
Zidane made one senior appearance for Madrid last season, starting in a 3-2 win over Huesca in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?