Lukaku: Inter confirm talks with Manchester United striker
Inter Milan are doing everything they can to prise Belgian forward Romelu Lukaku away from Old Trafford, with Champions League on offer.
Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio confirmed the Serie A club have made an "official approach" to Manchester United for Romelu Lukaku.
Inter's 'official approach' for Lukaku
United striker Lukaku has emerged as a transfer target for Inter, who sent officials to England to try to reach a deal for the Belgium international.
Lukaku – contracted to the Red Devils until 2022 with the option of a further year – joined United from Everton for £75 million in 2017 and the Premier League giants want to recoup that fee as Inter push for an initial loan deal.
Ausilio arrived back in Milan on Thursday and he told reporters: "We had a meeting with Manchester United for Lukaku.
"It was an official approach between two important clubs. We'll see what happens.
"All the players we're following are targets we've agreed with Antonio Conte. We want to satisfy his request within certain financial parameters."
Lukaku, who has acknowledged a desire to play in Italy and hinted his future could be away from Old Trafford with United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer preferring Marcus Rashford up front, scored 12 Premier League goals last season.
The 26-year-old – in Australia for the club's pre-season tour – scored 15 goals across all competitions as United finished sixth in the Premier League and lost to Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match