Rubiales fires back as LaLiga and Tebas set games for Mondays
The war between Rubiales and Tebas continues after LaLiga announce fixtures for Mondays and Fridays for the first three gameweeks of the new season.
Laliga's president, Javier Tebas, and the Spanish Football Federation's Luis Rubiales are set for another clash after LaLiga announced fixtures and times to start the new league campaign.
Rubiales said "there won't be football on Monday and we'll see about Fridays" back in March as he took a stance against an issue football fans had raised for years. The timing of those games made it difficult for fans to travel to games after work and given how late they started, almost impossible to bring kids. Spanish football fans have been vocal about the issue in the past and a supporter of their cause in Rubiales.
He sent out a tweet saying "THERE WILL BE NO FOOTBALL ON MONDAY!" and says that there will be a meeting on 17th of July with the national sports council and Tebas has torpedoed that and has shown disdain for the game, it's fans and the national sports council.
La @rfef NO AUTORIZA a @LaLiga VIERNES (sin acuerdo) ni LUNES .— Luis Rubiales (@LuisRubiales) 12 July 2019
El @deportegob nos cita por esto el 17/7 y @Tebasjavier dinamita la reunión y ningunea al fútbol, aficiones e incluso CSD.
Seguimos igual: NO HABRÁ FÚTBOL LOS LUNES.
Ahora nos demandará. A ver qué dice la Justicia. pic.twitter.com/rmlJ5mQYSd
Times and dates for LaLiga's first gameweek:
- Friday 16 August:
- Saturday 17 August:
Celta-Real Madrid (17:00)
Valencia-Real Sociedad (19:00)
- Sunday 18 August:
- Monday 19 August:
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week