Real Madrid: Zidane leaves pre-season tour for personal reasons
Zinedine Zidane's assistant, David Bettoni, is to take charge of first-team affairs until the head coach's return, Real Madrid have said.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has left the LaLiga club's pre-season tour of North America to attend to an urgent family matter.
"Our manager, Zinedine Zidane, has left the pre-season training camp in Montreal for personal reasons," Madrid said in a statement on Friday.
"Until he returns, sessions will be led by assistant coach David Bettoni."
Zidane departure only temporary, club sources say
Club sources insist that Zidane will join back up with the squad within a short period of time, and is not expected to miss Madrid's first International Champions Cup game in the United States, against Bayern Munich in Houston on 20 July.
Madrid then face Arsenal in Landover on 23 July, before coming up against city rivals Atlético Madrid in New Jersey three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...