LaLiga hits 1bn-euro mark in record transfer spend
In the space of 42 days, Primera División clubs have surpassed last year's record outlay of 930m euros, and have spent more than any of Europe's other major leagues.
LaLiga clubs have made quite a transfer-market splash this summer, with the announcement of Antoine Griezmann's move from Atlético Madrid to Barcelona taking the Spanish top flight's total investment in signings to the 1bn-euro mark - a new record. What's more, revenue from player sales has reached 750m.
Overall spend beats LaLiga's 2018 total of 930m euros
LaLiga's previous highest overall spend came last summer, when Primera División clubs forked out 930m euros between them on new recruits.
As things stand, the Spanish league is by a distance the biggest-spending in Europe in the current transfer window, ahead of the Premier League (675), Serie A (674), the Bundesliga (530m), Ligue 1 (226) and Liga NOS (101). Indeed, Real Madrid alone have registered a greater outlay - 298m - than the French and Portuguese leagues as a whole.
It is quite a turnaround from the 2017 close season, when LaLiga purchases amounted to less - 557m - than any of Europe's five major leagues, well behind the Premier League's 1.37bn. Within LaLiga, leading spenders Madrid are followed by Barcelona (223m), Atlético (177.2m) and Sevilla (92m).
Joao Félix the biggest-money signing in LaLiga this summer
Joao Félix's 127.2m-euro switch from Benfica to Atlético makes him the most expensive signing made by a LaLiga club this summer, ahead of Griezmann (120m), Eden Hazard (Chelsea to Madrid, 100m), Frenkie de Jong (Ajax to Barcelona, 75m) and Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt to Madrid, 60m).
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?