Griezmann's Barcelona unveiling: schedule confirmed
Antoine Griezmann is to be officially presented as a Barcelona player on Sunday evening, before training with the Blaugrana for the first time on Monday.
Having deposited Antoine Griezmann's 120m-euro Atlético Madrid release clause at LaLiga headquarters on Friday, Barcelona have now set about preparing the France forward's official unveiling, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday.
Griezmann is to arrive in Barcelona on Saturday and pose for the now traditional photo next to the LaLiga champions' club crest at around 21:00 CEST that evening. He will then undergo a medical first thing the following morning, at about the same time as 14 of his new team-mates are also due for check-ups on what is their first day back at work after the summer holidays.
Unveiling inside Camp Nou auditorium at 19:30
At 18:15, the 28-year-old will sign his Barcelona contract in the Camp Nou's Suñol Presidential Box, before completing a photo session in the stadium stands at around 19:00. In an event that will also include a press conference, his presentation will then take place behind closed doors, in the Auditorium 1899, at 19:30 (it cannot be held out on the pitch as it is currently being relaid).
Griezmann to train for first time on Monday
Griezmann will begin training under Barça head coach Ernesto Valverde on Monday, ahead of the squad's departure for Japan on Saturday week. The Blaugrana are due to play two friendlies as part of their tour to the Asian country, against Chelsea (23 July) and Vissel Kobe (27 July).
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments