Griezmann's Barcelona unveiling: schedule confirmed
Antoine Griezmann is to be officially presented as a Barcelona player on Sunday evening, before training with the Blaugrana for the first time on Monday.
Having deposited Antoine Griezmann's 120m-euro Atlético Madrid release clause at LaLiga headquarters on Friday, Barcelona have now set about preparing the France forward's official unveiling, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday.
Griezmann is to arrive in Barcelona on Saturday and pose for the now traditional photo next to the LaLiga champions' club crest at around 21:00 CEST that evening. He will then undergo a medical first thing the following morning, at about the same time as 14 of his new team-mates are also due for check-ups on what is their first day back at work after the summer holidays.
Unveiling inside Camp Nou auditorium at 19:30
At 18:15, the 28-year-old will sign his Barcelona contract in the Camp Nou's Suñol Presidential Box, before completing a photo session in the stadium stands at around 19:00. In an event that will also include a press conference, his presentation will then take place behind closed doors, in the Auditorium 1899, at 19:30 (it cannot be held out on the pitch as it is currently being relaid).
Griezmann to train for first time on Monday
Griezmann will begin training under Barça head coach Ernesto Valverde on Monday, ahead of the squad's departure for Japan on Saturday week. The Blaugrana are due to play two friendlies as part of their tour to the Asian country, against Chelsea (23 July) and Vissel Kobe (27 July).
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus