Man United lose 35-goal youth academy gem
The Republic of Ireland Under-17 international, Mipo Odubeko has turned down a new contract at Old Trafford and walks away as a free agent.
Manchester United have lost one of the biggest promises of their youth academy, 16-year-old striker Mipo Odubeko.
At a time when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is trying to reignite the club’s utilization of home-grown talent that defined the Ferguson years, the loss of Odubeko will come as a huge disappointment to the Norwegian coach.
The Republic of Ireland Under-17 international, who scored 35 goals for United’s academy last season, has turned down a new contract at Old Trafford and walks away as a free agent, according to reports in the UK.
Several clubs interested in Man United academy striker
Odubeko reportedly believes he will have a better chance to improve his development away from United and is thought to prefer a move to the continent, where Feyenord, Bayern Munich and Genoa are among the clubs that are interested in signing him. In England, the young forward is of interest to Newcastle and Burnley.
Odubeko started his career at St Joseph's Boys Club in Dublin and has a number caps for Republic of Ireland at youth level. But as he holds dual Irish-Nigerian nationality, he could opt to play for the West African nation in the future.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?