Griezmann's plaque outside the Wanda Metropolitano defaced by Atlético fans
The French forward has his own plaque on the Legends Walkway ouside Atlético's stadium for making over 100 appearances. His name has been covered in stickers by fans.
The plaque outside the Wanda Metropolitano which commemorates Antoine Griezmann for being one of the players to have made over 100 appearances for the club has been defaced by disgruntled fans. One day after Griezmann's transfer to Barcelona was announced, a number of fans turned up at the Legends Walkway (Paseo de las Leyendas) near Atlético's stadium and covered the French player's plaque with stickers and dirt. Barça paid Griezmann's 120 million euro buy-out - the whole saga has divided fans.
Controversial plaque system
It's not the first time that a player's plaque on Legends Walkway has been attacked by unhappy Atleti fans - Thibaut Courtois, Hugo Sánchez and Sergio Agüero's plaques have suffered similar treatment to Griezmann's while some felt that the whole idea of celebrating only those who have reached 100 games to be unfair as it excludes other 'legends' such as Radamel Falcao, who did not hit three figures for the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: how long would stimulus measure last?
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals
- MANCHESTER UNITED De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
- USMNT England want to persuade Yunus Musah to leave the USMNT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $15 minimum wage: what's the state of the current negotiation and who is pushing for it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,400 stimulus check: new eligibility criteria for payment to filers