ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Griezmann's plaque outside the Wanda Metropolitano defaced by Atlético fans
The French forward has his own plaque on the Legends Walkway ouside Atlético's stadium for making over 100 appearances. His name has been covered in stickers by fans.
The plaque outside the Wanda Metropolitano which commemorates Antoine Griezmann for being one of the players to have made over 100 appearances for the club has been defaced by disgruntled fans. One day after Griezmann's transfer to Barcelona was announced, a number of fans turned up at the Legends Walkway (Paseo de las Leyendas) near Atlético's stadium and covered the French player's plaque with stickers and dirt. Barça paid Griezmann's 120 million euro buy-out - the whole saga has divided fans.
Controversial plaque system
It's not the first time that a player's plaque on Legends Walkway has been attacked by unhappy Atleti fans - Thibaut Courtois, Hugo Sánchez and Sergio Agüero's plaques have suffered similar treatment to Griezmann's while some felt that the whole idea of celebrating only those who have reached 100 games to be unfair as it excludes other 'legends' such as Radamel Falcao, who did not hit three figures for the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?