Did Mourinho hint of reigniting his career in Germany?
In an interview with Gazzetto dello Sport, former Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho confessed he is longing for a return to football.
Jose Mourinho is eager to return to coaching. The Portuguese coach has been back in England this weekend and was spotted enjoying the sporting drama at both Wimbledon and Silverstone, where he was invited by Ferrari on Saturday as one of the Formula One team’s VIP guests.
From the Ferrari garage, Mourinho granted a brief interview to Italian daily Gazzetta dello Sport, in which he confessed he was longing for a return to football and revealed that he was using his free time to study German.
“I miss football, the adrenaline, the pitch, my work. Football is football,” said the former Real Madrid coach.
"Right now, I'm studying German. I didn’t know this language. I speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. I don’t exclude anything, not even Germany.”
Mourinho fancies Inter for Serie A title
Aside from speaking of his desire to return to the coach’s seat during his visit to the Ferrari garage, the 58-year-old also explained how he would love to get into the driver’s seat of the famous blood-red Formula One car.
“You want to be inside the car and holding the wheel,” said Mourinho, who added that he fancies his former club Inter to win the Serie A title this season under the command of new coach Antonio Conte.
The three-time Champions League-winning manager has been out of coaching work since he was sacked by Manchester United in December, but, judging from his comments, looks set to return to management soon.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA - VILLARREAL | VALVERDE Valverde: "It's not normal to have 3 penalties given against you in 6 games"
- Premier League Kick It Out condemn Bernardo Silva 'Conguitos' tweet
- GRANADA 2-0 BARCELONA Barça: Luis Suárez nabbed on camera calling lino a "cone"
- BAYERN MUNICH Luca Toni: "It's very difficult to criticise Lewandowski, he's one of the best"
- Serie A Juventus: Sarri waits on Ronaldo fitness ahead of Brescia test
- International football UEFA hands Slovakia, Hungary and Romania stadium closures