Frank Lampard praises Christian Pulisic
The new Chelsea coach talked about the incoming US player, who will join the Blues on Tuesday, in time for the start of the pre-season tour in Japan.
Christian Pulisic will join Chelsea just nine days after his participation with the USMNT, as the American winger had previously spoken of his intentions of having a short break so he could join his new team mates as soon as possible.
And speaking to the press ahead of their next pre-season game against Kawasaki Frontale, new Chelsea coach Frank Lampard praised the young US midfielder, who signed on at Stamford Bridge for a club-record fee of 64 million euros back in January before completing the rest of the season with Borussia Dortmund.
"Christian joins us on Tuesday, he's had a short break, but he wanted to get back with us quickly, which I certainly appreciate," said Lampard.
"He's a top young player, and he's only going to go one way in terms of his career - up, besides being a big signing for Chelsea. I look forward to working with him."
Lampard's first victory as Blues coach came on Saturday, with a 4-0 win against Irish club St. Patricks. Now Chelsea will travel to Japan where they will face local side Kawasaki Frontale and Spanish champions Barcelona.
The Stamford Bridge outfit will later face Reading, Salzburg, and Borussia Mönchengladbach before the start of the Premier League season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Valverde: "We suffered a lot and you have to admit it"
- DORTMUND 0 - BARCELONA 0 Ter Stegen off his line for Reus penalty in Dortmund - Barcelona game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ajax too strong for Lille
- BARCELONA Alba injures hamstring during Dortmund draw
- Juventus are more than just Ronaldo, warns Gimenez
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Juventus are more than just Ronaldo, warns Gimenez