Zinedine Zidane's moving tribute to brother Farid
The French coach posted an emotive message to older brother Farid Zidane who passed away on Saturday following a battle with cancer.
Zinedine Zidane paid tribute to his older brother Farid who passed away on Saturday after losing a battle against cancer. The Real Madrid head coach took to his Instagram account with a message to "big brother Farid" where the manager extolled his brother's virtues.
"You always showed me the way. You were fair, generous and brave. You loved the rest as much as they loved you. I'm so proud of you and you'll be forever in my heart". The copy was complimented with three photos of Farid, alone, as part of a family scene and together with Zinedine.
Head coach Zinedine Zidane was forced to suddenly abandon the Canadian training camp last week after being informed that his brother's condition was critical with son Luca Zidane also granted the same compassionate leave from newly promoted second division club Racing Santander.
Sources within Real Madrid maintained that Zidane would have has much time away as needed but is expected to return to the Montreal Impact training base within a week.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona