Juventus: Higuaín offered Roma captaincy to replace Dzeko
According to Corriere dello Sport, Roma have offered the Argentinean striker the armband to try and lure him to the Stadio Olimpico.
Gonzalo Higuaín’s future remains very much up in the air after the Argentinean striker returned to training at Juventus on Monday after spending last season on a double loan at AC Milan and then Chelsea.
Maurizio Sarri, who took Higuaín to Stamford Bridge in January, signed on as Juventus coach in the summer and that would suggest the striker has a place in the squad but the board may disagree given that the Italian tactician has already intimated he will move Cristiano Ronaldo into the centre of the attack and Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Moise Kean are already on the books.
Roma to offer Juventus loan deal for Higuaín
Juventus are also eyeing up moves for Inter outcast Mauro Icardi, PSG defender Marquinhos and Italy forward Federico Chiesa, meaning that the Turin club could use some transfer income and will need to trim the squad before the season begins.
Corriere dello Sport reports that Roma may provide the answer to the puzzle, with Edin Dzeko apparently keen on a move to join Antonio Conte’s Inter. According to the Italian daily, Roma are willing to offer Higuaín the captain’s armband in a bid to lure him to the Stadio Olimpico.
In order to do so, Roma are set to offer Juve a loan deal with a purchase option for the 31-year-old, who is under contract at the Old Lady until June 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid