Barcelona complete Hiroki Abe signing from Kashima Antlers
Hiroki Abe has completed a move to Barcelona on a four-year contract, leaving Kashima Antlers for a reported €2million fee.
Barcelona have completed the signing of young Japan forward Hiroki Abe on a four-year deal from Kashima Antlers.
Abe passes Barcelona medical
The J1 League side confirmed Abe's impending departure on Friday after agreeing a reported 1.1 million euro deal, and Barça announced his arrival this afternoon. His buy-out has been set at 40 million euros which will rise to 100 million when he graduates to the first team squad. He passed a medical revision at the Ciutat Esportiva this morning before signing his contract with the club. Witnessing the signing were Head of Professional Youth Football Silvio Elías, Sports manager Pep Segura, and Youth Development leaders José Mari Bakero and Guillermo Amor.
Abe, 20, was named Rookie of the Year in Japan's top-flight last year and featured in all three of Japan's group matches at the 2019 Copa América. He is expected to initially play with Barça's B team in the Second Division B league but could feature for the first-team on their pre-season tour.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas