Al Bayt stadium roof complete for World Cup 2022 in Qatar
With a capacity for 60,000 spectators during the global spectacle, the stunning venue for several matches takes another step forward.
The Supreme Committee of Delivery and Legacy, responsible for the projects and initiatives for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, has announced that the retractable roof at the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor has been completed. This is one of the key stadiums for World Cup matches, and will be used right up until the semi-final stage.
The stadium, which has a capacity of 60,000 spectators during the World Cup, is a curious mix of the past and the future, with the history of the country shown in its design, while at the same time the future needs of the community are established.
In addition, the site achieves an impressive balance, an example of environmentally friendly development, respecting the objectives of sustainability set by the committee, while also creating a prestigious heritage.
Following the World Cup, the upper seats of the stadium will be dismantled and donated to developing countries in need of sporting facilities.
The geographical position of Al Jor is worth special mention, as it is around 60km north of the Qatari capital, Doha, and in a rather special location. Due to its distinctive natural beauty, it attracts people from a variety of cultures, and with its rich marine life, it offers the unique opportunity to fish and dive in search of pearls.
Without a doubt, this deserves to be one of the cities that will host the most prestigious sporting event in the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem