Megan Rapinoe is compared with Muhammad Ali
The United States women's national team star and captain, is the women of the hour not just by her work on the field but also for off field activity.
No one can't stop talking about the USWNT captain, Megan Rapinoe... he fine footballing ability and her high public profile. This combination have turned Rapinoe into the key guest to have on high profile chat-sows in the US.
On the Chuck Todd show, the journalist spoke to the the two-time world champion, where he assured her she is already over athletes of the likes of LeBron James, Tom Brady or any athlete in the world.
"At the moment you're bigger than LeBron, than Brady, than almost anyone in the sports world and maybe beyond," said Todd.
Muhammad Ali comparison
During the interview, Chuck asked Megan Rapinoe, what she thought about the comparisons made between her and the grand Muhammad Ali, to which the American captain replied, she felt very honored for it.
"Oh, that's very flattering, I do not know if I'm ... if I'm Ali, but I'm happy to be the best ally I can for Ali," he said.
It should be noted that Charlie Steiner, a boxing reporter, and baseball announcer, along with Sports Illustrated, pointed out there were elements to compare both, Muhammad Ali and Megan Rapinoe, for their sportive success as well as their social activism.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY Man City: David Silva's legacy ahead of 400th appearance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: 'Operation Neymar' depends on Dembélé
- REAL MADRID 1-1 VALADOLID Real Madrid: Bernabéu return a 'unique feeling' - James
- REAL MADRID Varane: "We played really well, we deserved a better result"
- FOOTBALL Guardiola stuns Bernabéu as Madrid struggle in home opener
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer "lost for words" after Rashford suffers racist abuse