Real Madrid: Ceballos closes in on Arsenal loan deal
Real Madrid are not looking to sell the Spain international yet and with Arsenal lacking funds a one-season loan arrangement suits both parties.
Dani Ceballos is moving ever closer to the Bernabéu exit door with Arsenal the latest side to be linked with a move for the Real Madrid midfielder.
Ceballos has been previously linked with AC Milan and Tottenham – who retain an interest – but Arsenal have emerged as a possible destination for the 22-year-old Spain international.
Madrid need to trim the fat from a bloated squad and are looking to shift at least five players before the season starts with their books currently occupied by over 30 players with Liga rules permitting an active list of 25 for participation in the competition. Ceballos is not a priority – he is not in Zinedine Zidane’s first XI plans but would be retained happily enough as a useful alternative from the bench – but if Real fail to move on big-name players such as Gareth Bale, James Rodríguez and possibly Isco or Marco Asensio, Ceballos will be so far down the pecking order he may as well register with Castilla.
Arsenal shopping for loans and bargains
Real are not looking to part with the former Betis star permanently as things stand, although that could change as the transfer window eases shut, and would entertain a loan move. That would also suit Arsenal perfectly as Unai Emery is on a widely reported budget of around 40 to 50 million euros, depending on player sales at the Emirates, and is looking for loans or bargain deals to bolster his own squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League draw live online: last-16 pairings revealed
- PSG Leonardo praises Neymar's desire amid continuing doubts over PSG future
- REAL MADRID Benzema scoring goals that win leagues
- REAL MADRID Zidane praises Madrid's fighting spirit after late equaliser
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"