PSG: Diallo's imminent switch confirmed by Dortmund director
After spending just one season at Borussia Dortmund, the France under-21 captain is set to return to France with Paris Saint-Germain.
Abdou Diallo is close to joining Paris Saint-Germain in a reported €32million move, Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed.
Centre-back Diallo joined Dortmund from Mainz last year in a deal said to be worth €28m and made 28 Bundesliga appearances as Lucien Favre's men finished second, but it looks set to be his only campaign at the club.
A Monaco youth product, Diallo had been strongly linked with a return to France with Lyon, but PSG have moved to the front of the queue since their interest became known.
The 23-year-old, a former France Under-21 international, had enjoyed a solid campaign with Dortmund, but Zorc accepts the deal suits them as much as the player.
Zorc: "Abdou has decided he wants a new challenge"
When asked by Ruhr Nachrichten if Diallo was departing, Zorc said: "That has turned out so.
"Abdou has decided that he wants to take on another challenge and for us it was a good fit, so we agreed to the change."
Diallo will further bolster PSG's centre-back options as the club look to the future, with the Frenchman joining Marquinhos, Thilo Kehrer and Presnel Kimpembe as central defensive options who are all 25 or younger.
After Pablo Sarabia and Ander Herrera, Diallo will be the third new addition to PSG's first-team squad for next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mendy reveals his ‘difficulties’ he had at Real Madrid presentation
- Rumour Has It: Barca, Madrid targeting Klopp & Van Dijk
- PSG - REAL MADRID Gareth Bale to start for Real Madrid against PSG
- MLS Ibrahimovic: 'Scoring goals is easy, you just have to be like...'
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win