Real Madrid: Zidane back in Canada, set for transfer talks
Having been in France due to the death of his brother, Zinedine Zidane arrived back at Real Madrid's team hotel in Montreal in the early hours of Tuesday.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has returned to Los Blancos' training camp in Canada after spending the past few days back in his native France because of the death of his brother, Farid.
Zidane left Madrid's pre-season preparations in Montreal on Friday to be with his older brother, who passed away after a battle with cancer the following day.
Zidane to take charge of Tuesday training
He arrived at Madrid's team hotel, the Ritz Carlton, in the early hours of Tuesday morning and, after a short rest, is to take charge of the day's training.
In his absence, assistant David Bettoni has been overseeing first-team affairs.
Zidane to hold transfer talks with Pérez, Sánchez
Later on Tuesday, Zidane is expected to sit down with club president Florentino Pérez and general manager José Ángel Sánchez to discuss the progress Madrid have made in their transfer business in recent days, as they seek to strengthen in midfield and offload a host of players deemed surplus to requirements.
Bayern up first for Real Madrid in ICC
Madrid's opening pre-season fixture sees them face Bayern Munich in Houston on Saturday - the first of three International Champions Cup matches that the LaLiga giants are scheduled to play in the United States over the next 10 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury