Real Madrid: Pépé emerges as Napoli target as James stalls
Lille have named their price for the highly rated Ivory Coast international: €60m plus Algeria attacking midfielder Adam Ounas.
While Real Madrid midfielder James Rodríguez mulls over whether to move to Atlético Madrid or Napoli, the Serie A side are already considering alternatives to the Colombia midfielder - although if Aurelio Di Laurentiis thinks that Madrid’s demands for the Colombian are a little rich he won’t entertain this one for long.
According to reports in Italy, Napoli have made an approach for Lille and Ivory Coast winger Pépé, who banged in 22 goals and provided 11 assists last season in Ligue 1 and has been linked with a host of European clubs.
Lille's asking price for Pépé unlikely to tempt Napoli
However, with De Laurentiis unwilling to match Real Madrid’s €40m valuation for James and seeking a loan deal for the midfielder instead, the Napoli president will probably balk at Lille’s price: €60m and Algeria international Adam Ounas.
It is likely that with Madrid as keen to get James off the wage bill as the midfielder is to leave a deal will be forthcoming before the window closes but Napoli’s interest in Pépé is a clear indication that the Serie A side are not placing all of their eggs in one basked in their search for a star signing this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Ibrahimovic wants career finish in Serie A, says LA Galaxy boss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo best pitch invader moments: from clotheslines to kisses
- REAL MADRID Bale: "I definitely have more excitement playing for Wales"
- REAL MADRID Gareth Bale laughs off press criticism: "I must sell papers"
- RUMOUR MILL Man United and City target Inter's Martinez as Atlético eye Rakitic
- MANCHESTER CITY CAS deems Manchester City's UEFA appeal 'inadmissible'