Real Madrid: Kosovare Asllani in line to become first Galáctica
The Sweden international midfielder, currently at Linköpings FC, has received an offer from CD Tacon to join what will become Real Madrid Femenino next season.
CD Tacon have tabled a formal offer for Sweden and Linköpings FC striker Kosovare Asllani, who shone at the recent World Cup in France as her country reached the semi-finals, which would effectively convert the 29-year-old into the first “Galáctica” to sign up for the nascent Real Madrid women’s team.
Madrid recently voted to form a women’s team to compete in the Liga Iberdrola but did not have sufficient time to rename CD Tacon as such, thus taking over control of the newly promoted side for the 2019-20 season before relaunching officially as Real Madrid Femenino for the 2020-21 campaign.
Asllani, the "female Zlatan"
CD Tacon will train at Madrid’s Valdebebas complex as of this season and then wwill ofiicially become part of the club’s sporting infrastructure the following year. Taking CD Tacón’s place in the league will cost Real Madrid some €400,000 up front, with around 2m expected to be spent to make the side competitive from that point with Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Levante, Granadilla, Athletic, Betis and Real Sociedad finishing in the top seven last year with the Catalan side becoming the first Spanish women’s team to reach the Champions League final.
Asllani, who is a free agent after her contract expired at Linköpings, has previously played for PSG and Manchester City, with whom she won the Women’s Super League and FA Cup. In Sweden she is known as the "female Zlatan" due to her technical ability.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion