Prolific Paulinho condemns Benítez to first CSL defeat
Rafael Benítez's unbeaten start to life in the Chinese Super League was ended by a Paulinho-inspired Guangzhou Evergrande.
Rafael Benítez lost his first match since taking charge of Dalian Yifang on Tuesday as a Paulinho hat-trick inspired Guangzhou Evergrande to a 4-1 win in the Chinese Super League.
Having already overseen two victories, former Newcastle United manager Benítez looked to be heading for a commendable draw before a late collapse at Tianhe Stadium.
Qin Sheng had given Dalian the lead 11 minutes in before Paulinho cancelled that out before the half-hour mark.
The visitors looked set to keep Fabio Cannavaro's side at bay in the closing stages until Paulinho struck again in the 83rd minute, and the former Barcelona man completed his treble with a stylish piece of skill and finish in injury time.
Elkeson added an impudent fourth moments before the final whistle, as Guangzhou claimed a win that puts them a point clear at the top of the table, having played a game more than Beijing Guoan. Dalian, meanwhile, stay in eighth.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Liverpool, United, Cheslea, City, Palace...
- QATAR 2022 Infantino rules out the idea of Qatar 2022 without fans
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Benzema overtakes Messi and Xavi to pull level with Guardiola
- BARCELONA 1 - 3 REAL MADRID Cristiano Ronaldo reacts to Real Madrid's Clásico win
- MLB Rays draw level in World Series after thrilling walk-off win over Dodgers
- UFC UFC: Adesanya-Whittaker rematch 'makes the most sense'