Prolific Paulinho condemns Benítez to first CSL defeat
Rafael Benítez's unbeaten start to life in the Chinese Super League was ended by a Paulinho-inspired Guangzhou Evergrande.
Rafael Benítez lost his first match since taking charge of Dalian Yifang on Tuesday as a Paulinho hat-trick inspired Guangzhou Evergrande to a 4-1 win in the Chinese Super League.
Having already overseen two victories, former Newcastle United manager Benítez looked to be heading for a commendable draw before a late collapse at Tianhe Stadium.
Qin Sheng had given Dalian the lead 11 minutes in before Paulinho cancelled that out before the half-hour mark.
The visitors looked set to keep Fabio Cannavaro's side at bay in the closing stages until Paulinho struck again in the 83rd minute, and the former Barcelona man completed his treble with a stylish piece of skill and finish in injury time.
Elkeson added an impudent fourth moments before the final whistle, as Guangzhou claimed a win that puts them a point clear at the top of the table, having played a game more than Beijing Guoan. Dalian, meanwhile, stay in eighth.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments