Prolific Paulinho condemns Benítez to first CSL defeat
Rafael Benítez's unbeaten start to life in the Chinese Super League was ended by a Paulinho-inspired Guangzhou Evergrande.
Rafael Benítez lost his first match since taking charge of Dalian Yifang on Tuesday as a Paulinho hat-trick inspired Guangzhou Evergrande to a 4-1 win in the Chinese Super League.
Having already overseen two victories, former Newcastle United manager Benítez looked to be heading for a commendable draw before a late collapse at Tianhe Stadium.
Qin Sheng had given Dalian the lead 11 minutes in before Paulinho cancelled that out before the half-hour mark.
The visitors looked set to keep Fabio Cannavaro's side at bay in the closing stages until Paulinho struck again in the 83rd minute, and the former Barcelona man completed his treble with a stylish piece of skill and finish in injury time.
Elkeson added an impudent fourth moments before the final whistle, as Guangzhou claimed a win that puts them a point clear at the top of the table, having played a game more than Beijing Guoan. Dalian, meanwhile, stay in eighth.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer needs defender to step into Maguire's shoes
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool boss Klopp explains perceived spat with Mané
- FA CUP Which team has won most FA Cup trophies? Full list of winners
- NBA NBA: Giannis Antetokounmpo forced to cut back on muscle-flex celebrations
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS Covid-19: further doubts over origins of coronavirus
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?