Tottenham: Kieran Trippier close to making Atlético Madrid move
The deal could be completed for a fee around 30 million euros. The struggle to sign Nélson Semedo has made Atlético look at other options to fill the right-back slot.
Kieran Trippier could soon become an Atlético Madrid player. The 28-year-old could complete his move to the Spanish capital for 30 million euros. Atlético have given up their first option to fill the vacant right-back position - Barcelona's Nélson Semedo and have turned their attention to the Tottenham defender.
Spurs keen on Correa
Talks between both clubs are at an advanced stage. Tottenham, have enquired about Ángel Correa, who won't be continuing with Atleti and it remains to be seen whether he will form part of the operation to sign Trippier. Trippier is a player who is held in high regard by Atlético's Director of Sport Andrea Berta. Berta hopes the England international will join to fill the right-back position with Santiago Arias acting as cover.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds