Barcelona buy Marc Cucurella back from Eibar for €4m
Eibar signed Marc Cucurella from Barcelona at the end of the season but the Catalans have taken up the option to buy him back.
Barcelona have signed Marc Cucurella from Eibar for €4million just two months after the 20-year-old joined the Basque club on a permanent deal. Cucurella impressed on loan at Ipurua last season, scoring in the 2-2 LaLiga draw with Barça on 19 May. Eibar took up the option to sign him for €2m but Barça inserted a €4m buy-back clause in that deal, which they have now activated.
Cucurella to be sold or loaned out again?
It remains to be seen whether Cucurella will stay at Camp Nou for 2019-20 or be sold on to raise funds - despite Ernesto Valverde having few options as cover for Jordi Alba at left-back. Sevilla and Real Betis had been linked with an interest in the player, who can operate both at full-back and as a winger. Bundesliga clubs Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Mönchengladbach are also rumoured to have been monitoring the Spain youth international.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale