Barcelona buy Marc Cucurella back from Eibar for €4m
Eibar signed Marc Cucurella from Barcelona at the end of the season but the Catalans have taken up the option to buy him back.
Barcelona have signed Marc Cucurella from Eibar for €4million just two months after the 20-year-old joined the Basque club on a permanent deal. Cucurella impressed on loan at Ipurua last season, scoring in the 2-2 LaLiga draw with Barça on 19 May. Eibar took up the option to sign him for €2m but Barça inserted a €4m buy-back clause in that deal, which they have now activated.
Cucurella to be sold or loaned out again?
It remains to be seen whether Cucurella will stay at Camp Nou for 2019-20 or be sold on to raise funds - despite Ernesto Valverde having few options as cover for Jordi Alba at left-back. Sevilla and Real Betis had been linked with an interest in the player, who can operate both at full-back and as a winger. Bundesliga clubs Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Mönchengladbach are also rumoured to have been monitoring the Spain youth international.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus