Barcelona buy Marc Cucurella back from Eibar for €4m
Eibar signed Marc Cucurella from Barcelona at the end of the season but the Catalans have taken up the option to buy him back.
Barcelona have signed Marc Cucurella from Eibar for €4million just two months after the 20-year-old joined the Basque club on a permanent deal. Cucurella impressed on loan at Ipurua last season, scoring in the 2-2 LaLiga draw with Barça on 19 May. Eibar took up the option to sign him for €2m but Barça inserted a €4m buy-back clause in that deal, which they have now activated.
Cucurella to be sold or loaned out again?
It remains to be seen whether Cucurella will stay at Camp Nou for 2019-20 or be sold on to raise funds - despite Ernesto Valverde having few options as cover for Jordi Alba at left-back. Sevilla and Real Betis had been linked with an interest in the player, who can operate both at full-back and as a winger. Bundesliga clubs Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Mönchengladbach are also rumoured to have been monitoring the Spain youth international.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 10 April
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Who is Emili Rousaud?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: How long has Spain been on lockdown and when will it end?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: study predicts first day with no Covid-19 deaths
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how to calculate unemployment benefits by state