Ajax: Overmars: "David Neres has an offer from Atlético Madrid"
Ajax's Director of Sport told Algemeen Dagblad that Atlético have placed a bid for the Brazilian winger. The club denied the claims to Diario AS.
Ajax's Director of Sport Marc Overmars has claimed in an interview with Algemeen Dagblad that Atlético Madrid have presented a formal offer for David Neres, but added that the club intends to keep the winger, who is reported to be keen to move on.
Neres' progression with Ajax
"Next week will be decisive for David Neres. He has received an offer from Atlético Madrid. We'll discuss that with him over the next few days but our intention is that he remains at Ajax next season. He had the chance to move to China during the winter transfer window but we wouldn't allow him to leave. Look at how it turned out - that was a good decision for Ajax, and for him. Now he's an international with Brazil. Neres' progress is all down to Ajax, the team and of course the coach, Erik ten Hag. He can play an important role for the team but I'm sure he might see things differently", Overmars explained.
However, club sources at Atlético have told AS that no such offer has been made for Neres.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- Interview | Andrés Iniesta Iniesta: "I wanted the ball, I wanted to be decisive"
- Football Jack Charlton: tributes for 1966 World Cup winner
- ALFREDO RELAÑO More fuel on the fire, and one step closer to the title