Atlanta United's Brek Shea out with a season-ending injury
The Five Stripes have confirmed that Shea will miss the rest of the season after the midfielder was forced off against Seattle Sounders.
Brek Shea's injury against Seattle Sounders on Sunday is worse than expected, as the 29-year-old midfielder's season has been ended by the problem.
Atlanta United announced that Shea, who joined the current MLS champions in December, would undergo surgery to repair a right knee injury, and is to miss the rest of the campaign. This means Atlanta will receive a roster relief as Shea would not count toward the 30-man limit.
- United States of America
Since arriving at Atlanta as a free agent, Shea has made 19 league appearances for the club, ten of which as a starter, providing one assist.
The Five Stripes are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference with 30 points, with 28 goals in favour and 25 against. Their next match is versus Houston Dynamo on July 17 at Mercedes Benz Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
- George Floyd Al-Qaeda, ISIS, IRA...the complete list of terrorist groups in the US
- Coronavirus Stimulus checks: Plain envelopes are also official and not junk mail, IRS said
- George Floyd Protests Who is Jaylen Brown and what's his role in the George Floyd movement?