Huddersfield cause a stir with sponsorship sash on 'new home kit'
Many observers are doubting the authenticity of Huddersfield Town's purported 2019-20 playing kit with new sponsor Paddy Power.
Huddersfield Town have claimed to be releasing a new home shirt featuring a giant sash emblazoned with the name of a betting agency.
The sash runs from the left shoulder to the right hip and advertises gambling firm Paddy Power, which struck a sponsorship deal with the club earlier this week.
It is not clear whether the kit, having caused an immediate stir on social media, is part of a marketing stunt.
The design appears to contravene Football Association regulations, which allow for one front-of-shirt sponsor display not exceeding 250 square centimetres.
#htafc 's new home kit for the upcoming 2019/20 season has today been revealed!— Huddersfield Town (@htafcdotcom) July 17, 2019
Produced by main supplier @UmbroUK , the new home kit features a modern spin on the traditional blue and white striped home shirt thanks to new title sponsor @paddypower .
In a media release, Huddersfield commercial director Sean Jarvis said: "We've gone for a really modern twist on how we feature the famous Paddy Power logo.
"Paddy Power is a very forward-thinking, innovative company – that's one of the main reasons that we're so excited to work with them – the new 'sash' style logo is really eye-catching and helps maintain our reputation as being innovators too."
Huddersfield, managed by Jan Siewert, will compete in the Championship next season after being relegated from the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona