Barça: Malcom looking for a Camp Nou exit this summer
The Brazilian joined the Liga champions a year ago from Bordeaux for €41m but has failed to break into the team and wants a loan move for 2019-20.
Barcelona forward Malcom is set to leave Barcelona just a year after joining from Bordeaux for €41m.
The Brazilian, 22, arrived at Camp Nou to some fanfare after some excellent performances in Ligue 1 - and netting the goal of the season in 2017-18 – but failed to break into the Barça first team, featuring for just 1,067 minutes mostly from the bench under Ernesto Valverde and scoring four times.
On Monday, Malcom’s representatives met with Barcelona executives to try and hammer out a deal to allow his client to leave with offers from the Premier League, and particularly Arsenal, who are in the market for loan deals, on the table.
Barça value Malcom at €60m but will listen to loan offers
There have been other inquiries about a permanent transfer but Barça’s valuation of €60m is a little off-putting for most clubs, especially as Malcom’s valuation has hardly sky-rocketed during his debut season in LaLiga.
Under the circumstances of Antoine Griezmann’s arrival and the possibility of a bid for Neymar, Malcom seems to have little chance of altering his status and so Barça will entertain offers for a loan with a compulsory purchase option.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"