#BruceOut trending hours after Newcastle appointment
The North East Premier League outfit confirmed the appointment of Steve Bruce early on Wednesday morning with the #BruceOut hashtag TT soon after.
Steve Bruce was officially confirmed as new Newcastle United manager this morning with the 58-year-old replacing Rafa Benitez. The Spaniard, who called time after three years on Tyneside cited difficulties with the club owner Mike Ashley feeling he was unable to move the club forward.
After moving to the CSL side Dalian Yifang, the Spaniard claimed: “I must say that I have had more meetings with the chairman, the president and the general manager this week than I had in three years at Newcastle"
Locally born Bruce acknowledged that tough task ahead at the club claiming: "There is a huge challenge ahead of us, but it’s one that my staff and I are ready for,” said Bruce. “This is my boyhood club and it was my dad’s club, so this is a very special moment for me and my family.”
As they coach was being unveiled his Newcastle United side were playing in the Premier League Trophy in Nanjing with the Magpies losing 4-0 to Wolves. It wasn't long before disgruntled fans secured the hashtag #BruceOut as a Trending Topic in the UK with an arduous task ahead facing Bruce.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"