James Rodríguez can be Napoli great, says Insigne
Napoli's doors are open to quality players, according to Lorenzo Insigne, who encouraged the Real Madrid midfielder to make the move to Italy.
Lorenzo Insigne believes James Rodríguez would flourish at Napoli if he chooses to join the Serie A club.
Napoli appear locked in a two-team race to sign the Colombia playmaker, who reportedly favours a move to Atlético Madrid.
Atlético have denied being close to an agreement and Italy international Insigne remains hopeful James will consider a switch to Stadio San Paolo.
"The doors are open for strong players, we welcome them all," the Napoli captain told Radio Kiss Kiss. "James Rodriguez is a true number 10, he has quality and together with us he would be great. Those choices, however, are up to the coach and the club."
Napoli have been quiet in the transfer market to date, acquiring only centre-half Kostas Manolas from Roma and right-back Giovanni Di Lorenzo from Empoli since the end of last season.
But after two successive second-place finishes and with the defender Insigne views as the best in Europe, Kalidou Koulibaly, already on board, Carlo Ancelotti's men are continuing to aim high.
"The Scudetto is everyone's dream," Insigne said. "In the past few years we have come close and we have been disappointed. I'm convinced that if we all play with this determination we can cause trouble for anyone.
"We know we have a great competitor like Juve in front of us, but things could change this season with the new coach [at Juve, former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri].
"I think we are getting stronger, but we have to start off on the right foot because we have the potential to fight at the top."
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live